Some issues you encounter can be resolved by using a back up of your library.
Papers 3 (Legacy) for Mac
If using a Mac, it is best to use Time Machine to back up your entire system. This will include your Papers library.
Back Up Your Current Library
- Prior to restoring from a backup, it is best to do a full backup to Time Machine.
Find a Previous Version of Your Library
- Make sure that Papers is closed and that citations is not running
- Enter Time Machine and go back to a point before the trouble
- Go to your Documents folder or your Dropbox folder (this will depend on where you store your library)
- Find and copy the library.papers3 file and restore it
- Press cmd-shift-g, type this: ~/library/application support/
- You should now see a Papers 3 folder, please restore this
- Press cmd-shift-g, type this: ~/library/preferences/
- Here you're looking for a file called "com.mekentosj.papers3.plist", please restore this as well.
Open Papers with the Restored Library
- Reopen Papers.