The following PDF rendering issues have been reported by some users with the following configuration:
- Windows 10
- Google Chrome
- Intel UHD Graphics running driver version 126.96.36.1991
The issue reported is fonts may not render clearly, with rendering artifacts impeding readability. These artifacts may look like this:
It appears this is a bug with the computer's graphics card driver and Google Chrome's implementation of hardware acceleration when rendering 2D canvases. In some cases, users have reported updating their graphics card driver to the latest version has resolved the issue. Alternatively upgrading to Windows 11 may resolve the issue.
- Check with your computer manufacturer to see if a graphics card driver update is available for your computer.
- Upgrade to Windows 11
- Turn off accelerated 2D canvas rendering in Google Chrome with the following steps:
- In Google Chrome, go enter chrome://flags in the address bar and press enter.
- In the search bar, type accelerated 2d canvas
- Change the setting from "Enabled" to Disabled:
- Click Relaunch