- Download the Edge Administrative Templates
a. Select the "Channel/Version"
b. Select the "Build"
c. Select the "Platform"
d. Click "Get Policy Files"
e. Click "Accept and download"
- Unzip the contents on the domain controller
- Open the unzipped file > "Windows" > "admx"
- Copy the "msedge.admx" file and the appropriate language folder (En-US) into the folder where you keep your policy settings (Usually c:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions)
- Open Group Policy Management
- Select the policy you want to use to push the extension or create a new one
- Go to: Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Edge > Extensions
- Double click "Control which extensions are install silently"
- Select the "Enabled" radio button
- Under options click the "Show" button
- In the Show Contents window place the following in the field below "value":
- Click "OK" to exit the Show Contents window
- Click "OK"